Up to five days of independent canoeing in western part of Czechia. Ohře river offers an unforgettable experience for all canoe enthusiasts
Self guided canoeing adventure on the Ohře river (German: Eger) in western part of Czechia including complete canoe equipment and route / lodging navigation.. You can choose between a super short break of two days / one night or challenge yourselve a bit more and spend up to six days / five nights while exploring the beauties of the Ohře valley. The river meanders through a mixture of open countrysides and dense forests. Along the "water road" there are a lot of cultural and historical sights to enjoy including world-famous spa Karlovy Vary
The multi-day tours start in Tršnice, Loket nad Ohří or Karlovy Vary and go to Radošov, Perštejn or Klášterec nad Ohří. The most popular choices are briefly described below. If you prefer a short canoe trip, look here for the day trips.
Two days trip
Three days trip
*Below is a detailed program of the three days self-guided tour starting in Loket nad Ohří and ending in Perštejn: 3 days / 2 nights / 51,6 km canoeing.
Four days trip
Five days trip
The maximum route that we recommend is from Tršnice to Perštejn (total 95.3 km). We are happy to make a tailor-made proposal for you. We can also arrange overnight stays in good hotels and guesthouses along the route.
Map of tour
Day 1: First stage from Loket to Karlovy Vary
The first stage starts in Loket, a picturesque town with a medieval structure. High above the river is a stately castle. After you have collected the canoes from the landlord, you will start at Vodácké tábořiště Loket (190.60 r.km) *. In the morning you will first cruise through a beautiful rocky area Svatošské skály, then paddle to Karlovy Vary, the spa town of eternal fame and beautiful architecture – well worth a walk.
Mooring at the “Pod Mostem” campsite, Karlovy Vary (r. Km 175.80).
- Distance: 15 km
- Overnight: Camping Pod Mostem, Karlovy Vary
Day 2: challenging rapids Hubertus
Today you make a shorter canoe stage with an extra challenge – you sail through the rapids Hubertus (which is used for kayak training, among others) Then you sail through wooded valleys, on the banks you see striking rock formations. A nice break can be a walk to the “Rocks of Fairies” (Skalky skřítků).
Mooring at one of the campsites in Radošov (r.km 158, including camping Na Špici)
- Distance: 17 km
- Overnight: one of the campsites in Radošov (including camping Na Špici, but there are also other campsites options).
Day 3: Easy paddling from Radošov to Perštejn
On the last day you will encounter many gentle rapids and the paddling is automatic. You moor in the town of Perštejn, drop off canoes at guesthouse Betty (r.km 139) and possibly camp there.
- Distance: 19 km
- Overnight: none
* The rivers in Czechia are mapped using so-called “mileage”. The river ends at mileage 0 and so you count upstream towards the source of the river. The kilometers are indicated on the map as r.km. Say for the sake of convenience: river kilometers.
What’s included and excluded?
- Rental of the canoe and associated materials (paddles, waterproof tons / bag)
- Children younger than 15 years old will be supplied with life vest (obligatory)
- Info package
- Insurance against damage is included in the rental price (insurance does not apply to theft, loss and damage involving intent such as an open fire, for example)
- Transport of the equipment back to the starting point (the rented material must be returned at the endpoints indicated by us)
- Full colour river guide with all necessary details on weirs, rapids and campsites
- Emergency hotline
- Overnight stays: there are several simple campsites ("tábořiště") located directly on the river. These campsites usually have simple sanitary facilities and a restaurant / cafeteria. There is also the possibility to rent a hiking tent with a sleeping mat from us.
- Additional materials such as water shoes, neoprene suit, pump
- There is the possibility to book luggage transport
- Car parking fee
VideoShow tour video
- Elevation :
General travel informationShow general travel information
travel information in preparation
Please submit your review