Self guided 3 days hiking in fairytale landscapes with pine forests, deep gorges and rock formations in northern part of Czechia
Self guided three days door to door hiking tour in beautiful Bohemian-Saxon Switzerland nature park on the border between Germany and Czechia. The region has National Park status on both the German and the Czech side of the border. The area is characterized by fairytale landscapes: pine forests, rock formations and idyllic views alternate. Bohemian Switzerland is an ideal destination for an active holiday. The tour of 24-37 km in total takes you past the most important sights of Bohemian Switzerland, accommodation is arranged in attractive places of the park, comfortable pensions and/or hotels of 3 star standard. Anyone can make this trip with a little fitness.
Expand All Collapse All
- 2 overnight stays in mountain huts
- 3 overnights in hotels or pensions (every day different accommodation), in private 3-5 bedded rooms with own bathroom including breakfast
- 2x dinner ( day 2, day 3)
- Map with detailed routes (topographical 1:40.000) and separate detailed route description
- Information package
- Emergency hotline
- Luggage storage (only if extra night is booked preceding the tour)
- ATOL comparable security by SGR (Dutch)
- Costs for the boat trip from Děčín to Hřensko - the starting point of the trip
- Costs for the punt boat trip through the gorge between Hřensko and Mezna (optional)
- Train ticket from Česká Kamenice to Děčín on day 4
- luggage transport (It is possible but not really necessary. You walk with a light pack for three days past the two accommodations in the National Park where, accommodations dispose with all necessary amenities)
- Lunches ( various possibilities of refreshment during the hike )
Day 1 Děčín
Today you arrive in Děčín, the base for this tour. The walking program starts tomorrow, so you have plenty of time to explore this historical twon. Děčín Castle with its beautiful rose garden, for example, is worth a visit. Another suggestion is the spectacular via ferrata in Děčín with a magnificent panorama of the city on the Elbe as a reward.
- Overnight: Hotel Faust, Pension U Pekaře
Day 2 Děčín - Hřensko - Mezná
The day starts with a boat trip on the Elbe. The boat sails all the way to Dresden, but you get off in Hřensko. This village is the gateway to Bohemian Switzerland, of which today you will immediately encounter its most famous symbol: Pravčická brána, the largest natural gate in Europe.
Note: the boat does not sail at extreme water levels. The timetable will be announced one day in advance, we will provide information about this. An alternative to the boat is the train, a very nice train ride to Schöna where you still have to cross the Elbe with a pound from the left bank to the right bank.
From Pravčická brána you descend to the Kamenice gorge and go for a boat trip on a punt boat. You can also omit this part if you prefer to walk. There are two alternatives - via Pravčická brána 10.5km to Mezní louka / 12.5km to Mezná or through the gorge with a boat trip 7km
- Distance: 7-12,5 km
- Climbing: 369-390 m
- Descent: 222-225 m
- Overnight: Pension Na vyhlídce, Hotel Hubert or Hotel Mezní louka, Pension U Fořta (upgrade)
Day 3 Mezná - Rynartice
Via the Nová cesta (New pathway), a yellow marked path you walk to the ruins of rock fortress Šaunštejn. Not much is left of it now, but in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries the castle was a base for robbers and bandits. Continue to Jetřichovice, where you can take a longer detour to Ostroh hill (484 m) and the Mariina Skála viewpoint. It is a bit of a climb, but once at the top you will be rewarded with another fantastic view over Bohemian Switzerland.
- Distance: 8-13,5 km
- Climbing: 200-592 m
- Descent: 250-634 m
- Overnight: Hotel Bellevue, Pension U vyhlídky, Hotel Zámeček (upgrade)
Day 4 Rynartice - Česká Kamenice, train to Děčín
For those who still have enough energy, a trip to the Seven Dwarfs of Rynartice is recommended. From here you walk to Česká Kamenice, but you can of course also choose to walk directly to this town to take the train or bus to Děčín. You can extend the tour with, for example, an extra night after the tour in Děčín or a city trip to Prague.
- Distance: 8,5-11,5 km
- Climbing: 309-325 m
- Descent: 212-231 m
- Overnight: none